In 21st century what do you think you can get in just 251 rupees? Probably nothing, and definitely not a smartphone. Well, maybe a pair of average headphones, a meal from your favourite cafe, two games of bowling or maybe an Uber ride from your home to your office and back in the heat outside. An Indian company, on the other hand, has something else in mind.When expensive smartphones are getting more expensive, like the Samsung Galaxy series or Apple iPhones, Ringing Bells, an Indian handset maker, is all set to launch Freedom 251 SmartPhone for 250 INR only + INR40 delivery! Yes, you read that right, there is no typo. As low as Rs 250, you can have a smartphone which can be used like any other budget smartphone. Government of India has also played a key role in developing the smartphone.
Freedom 251 smartphone might not be as good as expected, but it is sure to connect the vast population in the country still stuck with feature phones. However, instead of making phones dirt cheap and useless, companies should focus on improving quality of handsets currently present in the market or at least that is what I want. In any case this is a game changer of course.
Features of Freedom 251 SmartPhone:
- The phone runs the recent Android Lollipop 5.1 OS which will run most of the apps and looks much better than Kitkat with the help of a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor.
- It supports 3G for lightning-fast web browsing.
- It will have a 4-inch screen that is quite common for sub-Rs 5,000 phones.
- It even has a 1GB RAM that can easily run WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter with some more space to spare for more apps.
- The phone has 8GB internal memory which can be expanded to 32GB with a micro SD card. Sadly, microSD card will cost you more than the phone.
- You even get a camera. On both sides. 3.2 megapixel on the back and 0.3 megapixel the front.
- The phone has the 1,450 mAh battery which won’t last you all day but no one can complain considering the price.
- The phone will have some apps pre-installed to make it more useful to the women, farmers, fishermen and everyone in general. Women Safety, Swachh Bharat, Fisherman, Farmer, Medical, Google Play, WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube are some of the apps to be installed out of the box.
- By the way, you also get a 1-year warranty on the phone backed by their 650 service centres across the country.
How is the Freedom 251 socheap? Nothing about that is reveiled yet, but our best guess is that it is somehow subsidised by the government — it already has a few government apps pre-loaded. Now the question is How to order Freedom 251 smartphone.
How to order Freedom 251 smartphone
How to order Freedom 251 smartphone In India:-
- Visit Here For Freedom 251 Booking Page
- Click On Green Line For Booking And Buying on 18th Feb 2016 6AM Onwards
- Add To Cart
- Fill Up All Required Fields Correctly.
- Enter Your Mobile Number, Name, Email Id, Address Etc.
- Make Final Payment When Lines Are Opened.
Booking Time & Periods:-
- Booking Ends On 21st Feb 2016 At 20:00 Hours
- Booking Start Date 18th Feb 2016 At 06:00 Hours
- Delivery Will Be Done By 30th June 2016.
Warranty of Freedom 251 smartphone
The Ringing Bell Freedom 251 comes with 12 months of manufacturer warranty for the handset alone and 6 months for battery and charger. The earphones provided along with the handset comes with 3 months. If the device is serviced (or repaired) by an unauthorised person, the warranty of the device will be void.
According to the official website, the company has more than 650 service centres across India. The consumer needs to carry their defective device along with invoice bill to the nearest service centres. There will be no warranty for the damages caused by the liquid or drops. The normal wear and tear of the smartphone body will also be excluded from warranty.
Returns Policy Freedom 251 smartphone
Those who had successfully placed the order for Freedom 251 can also cancel the order without any cancellation fees. The orders placed through Cash on Delivery can cancel the order before it is shipped or can reject the delivery attempt once the device is shipped. The same applies for the paid orders, where the users will be refunded the amount if the orders cancelled. In case the device package is shipped, the refund process begins only after the package is returned after rejecting the delivery.
For those users who had received the device but are not satisfied can return the device since the company has ‘no questions asked return policy.’ The user needs to contact by phone or email within two days after receiving the order. There will be handling charges of Rs. 50 where the device needs to be couriered back to the company’s address within ten days.
While returning the device, it should be packed in original package box with all the accessories, booklets, and labels. In the extreme cases where you received the damaged device, then need to contact the company and need to the send the package to the company. In this case, the company also reimburses the courier cost (just INR 40) along with the paid Rs. 251 for the device.
However, I will be up early to order one or half a dozen of Freedom 251 and I suggest to take Cash On Delivery if available for this. Thank me later! 😉 🙂
Update on Freedom 251 SmartPhone on 18th February 2016 10:00 AM
From what I know so far:
- The site is not opening for some people correctly.
- For some people it is working fine if they are using Teckalacarte’s link which is given above.
- While placing the order the page is not taking it, it redirects to the cart page again.
- There is no option available for COD for Freedom 251 smartphone or no cash on delivery option is available for Freedom 251 SmartPhone.
- There is no update so far about how many orders have been placed for Freedom 251 SmartPhone so far.
- If your order is not placed so far, then please keep trying or atleast try after 2 hours.
This is what I had a conversation with the Ringing Bells Company about Freedom 251 SmartPhone order and website in Twitter.
In any case, we checked with the Ringing bells company in Twitter and they said that the technical issue is huge and they are working on it. They appreciate the support and coordination. I have also sent an email to them with the current status. I shall update as and when I receive any update further.
Update on Freedom 251 SmartPhone on 18th February 2016 01:00 PM
Upon checking we found out that now the website says that they know that there is an issue and they are working on it. Key updates as of now:
- There were 6 Lakh hits to the website per second.
- Due to which the servers are overloaded and for that reason only the orders are not being placed and the site keeps on redirecting to the same page again and again.
- They will be back with upgraded servers in 24 hours.
Here are the exact words of what the site says right now for Freedom 251 SmartPhone booking:
Dear friends, we are very grateful for your enormous response and your kind patronage and would submit that as of now we received approx. 6 Lacs hits per second as a result of your kind overwhelming response, servers are overloaded.
We humbly submit that we are therefore taking a pause and upgrading the service and will revert within or before 24 hours.
Once again our respectful thanks and gratitude for your support and patience. We look forward your return as soon as we are back online well within 24 hours.
Once I get any further update on this I will update accordingly.
Update on Freedom 251 SmartPhone on 19th February 2016 08:46 AM
I am updating this article after placing my order for Freedom 251 smartphone. Here are some of the key points:
- You can place your order only one unit of Freedom 251 smartphone per email id.
- Once placed the order you do not have to pay the amount and you will see the confirmation on the page it self.
- Once your order for Freedom 251 smartphone is placed you will get an email after 48 hours which will have the payment link for your order and where you will have to pay the amount for the Freedom 251 SmartPhone which will be Unit price 251 INR + 40 INR courier charges = 290 INR per unit.
If you are wondering how to cancel order of freedom 251 smartphone then let me tell you that for now there is no clue what so ever how to cancel your order of Freedom 251 smartphone if you have paid it already. But if you are ordering now and your payment link is supposed to be arriving in next 48 hours then you can just choose not to pay the amount if you do not want to purchase the Freedom 251 smartphone.
If you are wondering how to know that freedom 251 smartphone is successfully ordered then let me tell you that if your order is confirmed you will see it on the screen saying thank you for your understanding of ordering 1 unit per person and then it will say that they are going to send you the payment link within 48 hours for your order to be processed. That’s the one and only answer I have right now to how to know that freedom 251 SmartPhone is successfully ordered.
Update on Freedom 251 SmartPhone on 20th February 2016 09:24 AM
Here are few updates that I know about this Freedom 251 smartphone launch.
- Company Ringing Bells confirmed that they received around 5 crore requests for phones during the hour until yesterday.
- In the first batch 25 lakh phones will be shipped to customers.
That is all we know for now and if you are wondering email of freedom 251 smartphone has not been received after placing order then let me tell you that it takes time for the team to send the Payment details to you. It has not come yet but it will come if you have placed the order successfully and got the confirmation on screen. So do not worry and wait until 48 hours starting after you placed the order. Even after that if you are not receiving the email then you can send an email to the ringing bells company email.
You can give the email that you used to order the phone and your name and you will be automatically redirected to the page where you can send email to the Freedom 251 SmartPhone company.
Update on Freedom 251 SmartPhone on 20th February 2016 05:25 PM
The bookings for Freedom 251 SmartPhone is now closed and they have officially said that the phase 1 is closed now for booking. Here is what they have mentioned in their website but there is no update on the email for payment yet.
I will update once I receive any email from them, so far I have not received any email for payment. Soon as I receive the email I will update the details here.
Update on Freedom 251 SmartPhone on 05th March 2016 11:11 PM
I did not receive any kind of email or any communication what so ever for this phone that I have placed an order for and probably you also did the same thing but you did not receive anything. Now the company that makes the Freedom 251 smartphone says that they are going to accept Cash On Delivery for Freedom 251 smartphone for those who have placed order but did not get any link for payment. A Facebook Page Update for the Freedom 251 SmartPhone mentions that:
“In furthering our service to you, we, at Ringing Bells, have decided to offer “Cash on Delivery” terms vs the previous Offer of via “Payment Gateway” !! By this, you, our esteemed Customer, will be required to make payment only when the phone is delivered to you. We are in the process of compiling the emails and issuing these to first 25 Lacs registrations very soon. We express our sincere gratitude for your kind support and look forward to your continued patronage. Assuring you of our best intentions.
Freedom 251 Team ”
In another twist, IT products firm Adcom from which company Freedom 251 SmartPhone is going to be manufactured said that it sold mobile handsets to Ringing Bells for Rs 3,600 a unit and was unaware of its plans to resell the device at Rs 251. Adcom also warned of legal action against Noida-based Ringing Bells in case the latter’s activities adversely impact its brand name or cause any other kind of losses. Ringing Bells had unveiled what is being touted as the world’s cheapest smartphone. The devices, which were showcased resembled that of Adcom’s Ikon 4, which is already available in the Indian market at Rs 3,999. Despite controversies, Ringing Bells managed to receive over six crore registrations in two days for the Freedom 251 SmartPhone. Further any updates received for Freedom 251 SmartPhone will be updated here. Keep this URL in your bookmark and check everyday for further updates. Cheers!
I am a 25-year-old dude from a small village Narasinghpur in Cuttack, Odisha, INDIA. I am a graduate in M.Tech from BITS Pilani. I Started blogging back in June 2014 and you can check out my other blogs at www.prabhudatta.com.